- [Narrator] Now let's get into the debate of JSON vs. XML.…Now those who've already worked with XML before…already know that this is another way of exchanging data…between heterogeneous systems.…But, JSON is something that we are talking about right now…for this course, so we are stressing on why JSON is better.…But that's not how it works because JSON is going to…work well with certain systems;…XML may work well with its own set of systems.…It's like that. However, let's just talk about this.…Now, when you talk about JSON,…it's of course as we said earlier:…text-based, simple, and it is structured.…
Now like extensive and mark-up language, yes,…it is language and platform independent; but, it's easy to…read and understand by both machines and humans.…Or, maybe I should've said it the other way around:…humans and machines. Okay, XML is a little harder to read.…Take a look at the 2 blocks of code that I have on my slide.…The left-hand side is adjacent representation,…and the right-hand side is an XML document.…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.