In this video, learn how to create a MySQL datasource and gain an understanding of the standard practice for creating datasources in WebLogic.
- [Instructor] Next we're going to install … a MySQL database driver and walk you through the process … of configuring and setting it up. … The first thing we need to do, … just like installing any WER file, … is clicking the lock and edit button. … Then we'll scroll down underneath services to data source … and click on new, select generic data source. … In the name we'll type H plus DB. … And for the JNDI name it'll be … JDBC/ H plus DB. … We'll change the type to MySQL, click next. … We'll change the database driver to calm MySQL JDBC driver, … click next, we'll keep these options selected as they are. … For the database name, we'll type again H plus DB. … The host is local host. … Database username, H plus user, … and our password is my secret, … capital M-Y-$-3-C-R-E-T. … We'll click next, … and before we click test configuration, … I want to let you know that these changes will fail … because the version eight of MySQL database … that we have is incompatible with the highest version …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.