- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files, you can download them onto the desktop as I have tone here. I'm currently on a PC where the files work equally well regardless of the operating system. You should import the files into your IDE as a Maven project. I'm going to be using (mumbles) in this course. However, any IDE that supports Maven will do. The exercise files have a modular structure that reflects a start and end state of each lesson. For example, the start state for chapter four, lesson four is located in a folder named 04_04_start, and the end state is in 04_04_end.
The start state contains all the necessary files and classes required for the lesson, and the end state contains the completed code for each lesson, which you can use as a reference. Additionally, there are several challenges throughout the course. The solutions to those challenges are also included with the exercise files.
Join Alex Theedom as he guides you through the lifecycle of a WebSocket connection, and discusses the Java EE WebSocket programming methodologies: annotation and programmatic. He shows how to secure and encrypt WebSocket endpoints and use simple techniques to test their implementation. In addition, he explains how to integrate the JSON-processing API and build a front-end and server based WebSocket client.
- WebSocket usage
- WebSocket lifecycle and topology
- WebSocket front end and back end
- WebSocket methodologies
- Annotation methodology and programmatic methodology
- Coding a client API
- Using the JSON Processing API
- Coding the encoder and decoder
- Building the front end
- Testing WebSocket endpoints
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
1. Introduction to WebSocket
2. WebSockets Front End and Back End
3. Project Application and Structure
4. Java EE WebSocket API
5. Messages and Encoding
6. Build Web Front End
7. WebSocket Security
8. Testing WebSocket Endpoints
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.