Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video How to traverse the model, part of JSON Processing with Java EE.
- [Instructor] Once a model has been constructed,…we can navigate the model and inspect its keys and values.…In this video, we're going to look at two ways…of traversing the JSON model.…Remember that in an earlier video, we talked about…how all types within the JSON model extend from JsonValue.…Well, we're going to use this knowledge to construct…a method that traverses the JSON tree and extracts…its values.…We're going to implement this in two contrasting ways.…For the first method, we're going to use the ValueType…to determine how to treat the JsonValue object.…And for the second, we're going to use polymorphism…to select the right method to deal with a JsonValue object.…
Let's have a closer look at the methodology we're…going to use to construct the first traversal code.…We're going to use the ValueType information that we…can extract from the JsonValue instants.…We know that by calling the get value type method,…we can determine the internal type represented…by this object with one of the following.…Array, object, string, number, true or false, or null.…
In this course, discover how to use the Java Enterprise Edition (EE) JSON-Processing API. With its two programming models, JSON-Processing is one of the simplest ways to generate, query, and parse JSON data, and you'll find that implementing it in your projects is quick and easy. Join Alex Theedom as he covers an array of topics, including how to use both the object model and the streaming model, how to traverse a JSON structure, and how to parse JSON data using the extensive builder APIs. When you wrap up this course, you'll be ready to develop with this essential and powerful API.
- Working with JSON and Java
- JSON-Processing API features
- The Java EE JSON object model
- Creating a model from a JSON string
- Building a JSON model
- Traversing the JSON model
- Outputting the JSON model to a data stream
- Parsing and writing JSON data
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Faceswith Patrick Royal2h 11m Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. JSON and Java
Work with JSON and Java3m 57s
2. JSON-Processing API Features
3. The Java EE JSON Object Model
4. The Java EE JSON Streaming Model
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.