- [Instructor] Lets start looking at the customized options…that we have from the API, one by one.…The first one among them is formatting output,…and it definitely must have been a sense of relief…the moment you read this title,…because in one of the previous demos,…we actually had that serialized Json,…which was one long straight line,…and then you were not able to read it correctly.…So, yes, using customized mapping, you have a way…to format your output.…So how do you do that?…That can be done by the JsonbConfig object,…which means it is a runtime configuration, right,…so lets understand how to write this out.…
Lets go to IDE, and I'm going to create…a source package here, com.app.mappers,…and here, I'm going to write a Class,…which is ObjectMapper, and I write a method inside it,…which is public, and it returns JsonbConfig, okay,…and what does that say, getObjectMapper().…
So here I'm going to create a JsonbConfig object,…like that, by just instantiating it,…and this is the classes, getObjectMapper method…inside which, we are going to have the jsonbConfig object…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.