Kesha Williams explains documenting web services using Swagger.
- [Instructor] So you've created an API or web service…and you understand how it works and how to use it.…But how do your clients…or your users, or callers of your API,…understand the functionality provided?…How do they know what to pass to your web service…to get the data they need?…How do they understand the response returned…from your web service?…Well, documentation is key.…And Swagger is commonly used…as a means for documenting web services.…Swagger and its suite of tools allows developers…to design, build, document,…and consume RESTful web services.…
There are several parts to Swagger.…The Swagger editor,…it's a browser-based editor…where you can write open API specs.…There's the Swagger UI,…which renders open API specs…as interactive API documentation.…And then there's Swagger Codegen,…which generates server stubs…and client libraries…from an open API spec.…The first step to include Swagger is…to update the Maven POM file…with the dependency.…
The dependency interspects the Swagger annotations…and creates the documentation…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.