In this video, learn how to deploy WAR files both through the web console and by copying the file to web apps directory from the command line.
- [Instructor] Management at H+ Sport Beverage … has request that we go forward with deploying … of our application to the Apache Tomcat server. … We know this will be the first … in a series of deployments where we'll later add … to our app, Java EE, and database calls. … There are two ways you can deploy WAR files. … We're going to first consider how to use Tomcat manager app. … Now by default, Apache Tomcat comes pre-installed … with a manager application. … As you remember, the manager app dashboard console … shows you all the web applications deployed … and then below this, you have a section … with different text fields for deploying WAR files. … We'll skip this one and go on down to a second one, … where it says WAR file to deploy. … Now before we can deploy our WAR file, … we need to make sure that our practice files, … under 01_04_begin are compiled. … Using a terminal window, we'll navigate to this location, … and we'll run the command gradle clean build. … Back in our browser, we're going to navigate to Choose File. …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.