Kesha Williams explains how delete data via web services and test the web service via a web service client.
- [Instructor] Let's look at deleting data…using a SOAP-based web service.…I've opened the project in IntelliJ…and I've navigated to the interface file…for the application service.…Notice down on line 27,…the definition for our deleteApplication method…and notice we're passing in an id of the application…that we want to delete.…So, let's navigate to the ApplicationService file…and on line 102 notice the implementation…for our deleteApplication.…
So, on line 104, I'm getting a connection…and creating a statement.…On line 105, I'm calling the executeUpdate…on that statement…and notice I'm passing in a delete SQL statement,…so DELETE FROM TZA_APPLICATION…where the id matches the id that's passed in.…I'm handling generic exceptions here…on line 107 which will return false.…Now, if all goes well…and we're able to delete the application,…I am returning true.…
So, here we've navigated to the ApplicationClient file…and if we scroll down to line 37,…notice we are calling the deleteApplication…on the appService…and we're passing it an id of 5001.…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.