Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Default mapping APIs: single bean, part of Java EE 8: JSON-B.
- (Narrator) Now that the project is ready,…let's start looking at the demos.…The first one coming up is the…JSON binding default mapping API.…So, what we're going to do is we are going…to make a simple java object, a very simple java bean…give it a lot of attributes, and of course…the getters/setters, and after you create an object out…of that class then we are going to convert that…to a JSON representation and the JSON representation…that results out is going to be converted back…to the java object and all of this we are going…to do using the JSON Binding API.…
So, let's go ahead.…The first step is, of course, creating the user bean.…I've chosen a user bean, and then we give it attributes…and generate getters/setters.…So, let's go to the IDE under the source packages.…Let's first create appropriate packages.…The first one being com dot app dot beans.…So, this folder is going to contain all…the beans that I ever create for all…the demos in this application. Okay?…And, the other one will be exclusively for the tests.…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.