Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Data types supported, part of Java EE 8: JSON-B.
- [Instructor] Now that you've seen all the basic data types…and we've seen how civilization and decivilization happens…with JSON Binding API, let's look quickly…at the data types that are supported by JSON Binding API…during these two processes.…The first thing, it supports all the basic data types,…which means we are talking about primitives…and their associated upper classes.…When it comes to the basic types, let's understand,…that during civilization, the two string method…is called on the instance feel to produce a string value.…
Then, when you have the Java standard edition types,…which means it includes big integer,…big decimal, the URI, the URL classes,…all of these are also supported by JSON Binding API.…Then the special data types, so for example,…any metadata types, then you have…your calendar classes, the time zone classes,…all the classes in the java.time package,…all of these will also be supported by JSON-B…during civilization and decivilization.…And more of you will have already…seen this in the previous video,…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.