Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize mapping, part of Java EE 8: JSON-B.
- [Narrator] So in the last chapter, we actually saw…what all default mapping is available which is in binding,…so we saw how you can do, as a part of serialization…and de-serialization, without any additional setting.…Everything that we were using by far…was the JSON-B default engine.…We just created an instance of that…using the JSON-B builder,…and then we utilized the to JSON and from JSON APIs…to serialize and de-serialize our objects.…But JSON-Binding API also provides you a list…of fantastic options to customize that mapping,…so you may not like the default mapping.…
You may not like certain settings of the default mapping,…yes, then you have a way around it,…and JSON-B is open enough to provide you a list…of custom options, so that you can actually serialize…and de-serialize the way you want.…So to support this, there are two types…of customizations that JSON-Binding API provides.…The first one is at the compile time,…and that's facilitated by means of annotations,…so you have a field or you have a class,…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.