Kesha Williams explains how to create data via a web service and test the web service via a web service client.
- [Instructor] Let's look at creating data…using a SOAP-based web service.…So let's look at the definition…of our addApplication method on line 21.…So I've opened the porject in IntelliJ…and I've navigated to the interface file…for ApplicationService.java.…And now let's look at the implementation of addApplication,…so let's click on ApplicationService.java,…and let's scroll down to line 67…where we define this method.…So here we have the addApplication method.…
Notice on line 69 I'm getting a database connection…and creating a statement.…On line 70 I'm calling the executeUpdate method…that's actually inserting a new application…into the TZA_APPLICATION table.…And then notice on line 74…I'm catching the SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException.…Now this occurs when attempting to insert…a duplicate record into a database.…I'm also catching a generic exception here on line 76.…
Now if the insert statement is successful,…line 81 returns a value of true,…indicating the insert was a success.…So let's test this by going to our client.…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.