Choose the right server for your Java EE application. Learn how to evaluate, install, and set up the most popular app servers for Java EE: Tomcat, WebLogic, WildFly, and Payara.
- [Michael] Do you use Java Enterprise Edition functionality and need help deciding which Java application server best fits your needs or of your organization? Then join me in this course as I explore the top four Java application servers Apache Tomcat, Oracle Weblogic, JBoss Wildfly, and GlassFish or Payara. In looking at these four application servers I'll walk you through installing and configuring each. I'll also troubleshoot issues in migrating a simple Java EE application across each of these four serve platforms. Then demonstrate in a very simplified manner, adjusting the applications codebase to work work on a work on a supported or certified Java EE container. I'll also consider the various ways to deploy applications. In this course I use an example company called Hplus Sport Beverage. I'll walk you through how to upgrade and modify a sample web application, across various Java web application server containers. My name is Michael Rodgers, join me as I explore and demonstrate how to install, configure, deploy, and handle the various Java application servers using Tomcat, Weblogic, Wildfly, and Payara.
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.