Learn how to build SOAP-based and RESTful web services in Java EE using JAX-WS and JAX-RS.
- [Kesha] When you are working with web services, you can expose data in your systems to a third party or you can access data for use in your application from another system. Exploring a case study, using real world examples, in this course you'll learn the features Java Enterprise Edition provides for creating web services. You will learn how to build restful web services using JAX-RS, SOAP-based services using JAX-WS, and you'll even learn how to use top level searching, incorporate error handling, and implement effective testing strategies.
We'll even focus on new features provided by Java Enterprise Edition 7, like the JAX-RS client API, asynchronous capabilities, servlet filters, and interceptors. Hello, I'm Kesha Williams. I'm a software engineer, author, and international speaker. I've been working with the Java programming language since the late '90s, and I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the language evolve over the years. So let's get started.
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.