Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Application setup, part of Java EE 8: JSON-B.
- [Narrator] Let's now set up a JSON-B Application quickly…as apart of this course.…So we are going to have two kinds of application…one is a stand-alone application…where we'll see the entire operation of…the JSON binding API's that we have available…as a part of the specification.…And after that, we are going to build a small…JAX-RS application which is a RESTful application.…And then we'll use JSON-B inside it.…Okay?…So let's see the software prerequisites for this first.…We will Java Development Kit, JDK,…the java software version 1.8…you can download it from the link…that has been mentioned on the slide.…
And then you need an integrated development environment…where you'll do all of your coding and testing.…I've chosen NetBeans IDE.…You can however choose any IDE of your own preference.…Then you have the Postman tool…which is the one that we are going to use to test out…the RESTful application that we are building…at the end of this course.…So we need that, you can download it from that link.…However, if you want to your RESTful orders…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.