In this video, learn how to add missing Java EE libraries to use standard Java EE capabilities.
- [Instructor] HPlus Sport Drink IT Manager … has directed that we go forward with installing … the latest Java EE version of the web application. … We know there might be some issues here … because Tomcat does not readily support Java EE APIs. … When it comes to addressing missing JEE functionality … and capabilities in Tomcat, … there are varied ways to remediate this. … Sometimes this includes copying … the missing API jar to the lib directory, … like we did previously with missing MySQL driver. … Sometimes it means doing something a little different, … like including the missing dependencies … within the build file. … For this video, … we've provided a simple CDI application, … a Contexts, Dependencies and Injection web app, … which is designed to cause … a standard Tomcat installation to fail. … Let's compile our project in practice_files, 01_06 … _begin. … We'll type the command gradle clean build. … Assuming you don't have any errors, … let's move on with deploying. … We'll come back to our Tomcat terminal here. …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.