Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Add more RESTful methods, part of Java EE 8: JSON-B.
- [Instructor] Now let's add one more method…which is going to edit the order.…Okay, so now since it's the edit kind of changing the data,…we're gonna add POST method for the RESTful P.…Okay that's the first thing,…and then let's also have an explicit path for it,…let's say edit, okay.…Next is, let's write out the method.…Public, String, editOrder,…and let's go and...…
Take a reference of all the object as a parameter.…Okay, and let's also type the...…'Order to edit',…so once we get the Order object as a parameter,…I'm just going to query the orderId for it and print it out…to ensure that it was indeed the order that we tried…to send from the Postman tool, okay?…So basically we're going to hit this method…with the Postman tool,…passing an Order JSON it should come here…and I should be able to get an Order object…for the corresponding JSON and then I should be able to…retrieve the orderId inside the method on line number 37.…
Okay?…Once that's done, of course you're,…you can go and edit the Order and then say,…return a statement saying OrderEdited successfully.…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.