In this video, learn how to deploy the MySQL driver and set up, configure, and test the datasource connection.
- [Instructor] Adding a MySQL data source … is not all that difficult in WildFly. … First, we're going to go to the deployment section, … and click on the plus symbol. … We'll upload our deployment, … going to choose the database driver from our downloads, … click OK, click next, we're going to enable it, … and finish, and close. … Next, we're going to click on the configuration tab, … go to data sources, … and first we're going to click on ExampleDS. … As we can see here, this is an H2 data source. … This pattern, java colon jboss data source, … data source name is important. … Next, we'll click on data sources, … we'll add a data source, going to choose MySQL, … click next, going to change the name to our H plus database. … We're going to call this H plus DS for data source, … put jboss in here, slash data sources, … and then we'll type H plus underscore DS. … Next we're going to select the driver name, … and we have our driver listed here. … Click next. … I'll change the connection URL to include our database name, …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.