In this video, learn how to add database drivers to Tomcat and configure JNDI settings in the context.xml file.
- [Instructor] IT Managers at H Plus Org want … to make the application more dynamic … and so we've been requested … to prepare our Tomcat installation to connect … with a MySQL database. … In order to access the different database systems … with web applications deployed on Apache Tomcat, … you first must add them to the Apache Tomcat lib directory. … So, let's first go download the correct driver. … If you navigate in your browsers … to dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/, … scroll down to the connector 8.0.15, … select the Platform Independent, … go to the zip download, and click download. … If you have not created an Oracle account yet, … you must do this and log in, in order to download the file. … Next, let's just open this file up. … We'll use the automatic unzip capabilities here of our Mac. … Go to our terminal window, we're going to copy … from the downloads folder the MySQL driver, … to the lib directory. … Forgive me, I made a mistake. … We need to copy not cd from the downloads MySQL directory …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.