What are JIRA validators and how do you use them?
- [Instructor] Next, what we're going to be going over…is how to add validators to your work flow.…Now validators won't hide a transition.…Anybody will be able to attempt the transition…by clicking the button.…Providing that there are no conditions blocking…the transition from appearing before…the validators event even comes into play.…It can, however, block the transition from completing,…so if the user attempts the transition…and the validator requirements aren't met,…the transition will simply be bounced back.…So let's begin.…What we're going to do is go back…to our start work transition…and select the validator's link.…
We're going to click the add validator button,…and here we're presented with a list…that's a bit shorter than the previous condition list.…Let me explain a few of the options…that are in front of you.…The field required validator checks…to make sure the field you specified…has a value other than null.…You may remember me speaking earlier…about making fields required…in your field configurations scheme.…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Jira Software 7.0-7.4with Robert Anthony1h 7m Beginner
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.