What are JIRA transition screens and how do you use them?
- [Instructor] The next section we're going to go over…is transition screens.…Now I know you're already used to Create,…Edit and View screens.…This is the only other screen you'll be configuring…as a JIRA administrator.…During these transitions you may want to capture…data that wasn't available on creation of the ticket.…By identifying at what transition…this new information becomes available…for the user to enter into the ticket,…you can then place those custom fields on pop ups,…known as transition screens which appear…during the transition itself.…So what we're going to do is start by selecting…the administration cog and select Issues.…
We're then going to go down to the screen section…and select Screens.…I'm going to select the Add screen button,…and create a new screen from scratch.…We're going to name this screen Transition Screen…and then click Add.…I'm brought to that screen's configuration page.…Where I can configure it just like I would…create, edit or view screen.…We're going to be placing this pop up…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Jira Software 7.0-7.4with Robert Anthony1h 7m Beginner
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.