What are JIRA post functions and how do you use them?
- [Instructor] Next, let's talk about Post Functions.…Now conditions check for one or more requirements…before the transition button is displayed.…Validators check for one or more requirements…after a transition has been attempted.…Post Functions aren't tied to requirements at all.…Post Functions are a set of automations that occur…after the transition has been successfully completed.…Let's go ahead and dive right in.…We're back at our Demo Workflow.…Now we've configured some conditions and validators…for the Start Work transition.…Next, we're going to work in the Complete Transition.…
Now, just to make sure you're following along,…and not stuck remember, I get this popup…by Clicking on the Transition itself.…The popup is much more limited in what I can select,…when I select the Status.…If you're looking for your Transition Options,…and see a popup similar to this,…it's because you have a status highlighted…instead of a transition.…You want to make sure you're clicking in the Transition…to receive the proper popup.…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Jira Software 7.0-7.4with Robert Anthony1h 7m Beginner
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.