Join Robert Anthony for an in-depth discussion in this video JIRA instance setup, part of Learning JIRA Service Desk.
- [Instructor] We don't want to risk damaging anything in your company's instance, which is why we suggest you follow these installation instructions, to ensure you are working in a closed sandbox environment where mistakes are encouraged. Be sure to pay close attention to the following process, so that your instance will be configured correctly for this video. Proceed to the following URL. Now, what you're going to select is JIRA Software + Help Desk. This package includes both JIRA plus JIRA Service Desk. In addition to Confluence, which will help you configure your knowledge base.
Other than knowledge base configuration, we will not be going over any other aspects of Confluence in this video. After selecting that, it will direct you to the sign up page for your account. Chose your site name, which will be affixed to the atlassian.net website. We're creating a cloud site. (keyboard typing) If you sign in with an email address previously used, you may not be eligible for the free demo.
To ensure your demo is provided for free, register with a newly created email address, disposable after the demo. After clicking Start Now. You will be presented with a confirmation screen asking you to check your email. This may take a few minutes. If it's still not delivered, be sure to check your junk mail. After clicking the verification link in your email, you will be brought to a spinning up message and screen. You may or may not be presented with sign in screen.
If you're presented with the sign in screen, simply choose admin and use your password. As you can see, that didn't happen for me as I'm already signed in. So, I will simply choose my native language of English. You don't need to select an avatar, so skip this step by clicking Next. Next, we're going to select creating a new project, under the create new project heading in the middle. On the create a project pop-up, we're going to choose the customer service project under the Service Desk project section.
As you must already know, the type of project you create determines the starting objects the project will spin up with. To follow along properly, make sure you choose this type of Service Desk project. Service Desk features only come with Service Desk projects. If you choose a different type of project, such as one in software, or one in business, you'll be completely lost and you won't have access to the additional features that we have in here. So, now that I've selected customer service, Service Desk project, I select next. I'm going to call my project NexTek, but you can call your project anything you want, I then click Submit.
You should initially be presented with a project heads up screen, similar to your admin screen but it's more of just an overall summary of your project. Right now, we going to go ahead and click the JIRA logo on the top left. You should now be on the system dashboard page and we are ready to begin.
- What is JIRA Service Desk?
- Creating requests and groups in the customer portal
- Creating new queues
- Linking to the knowledge base
- Configuring incoming email requests
- Adding automation with workflows
- Creating an SLA