Join Robert Anthony for an in-depth discussion in this video JIRA instance setup, part of JIRA Software: Advanced Administration.
- [Instructor] We don't want to risk damaging anything in your company's instance, which is why we suggest you follow these installation instructions to ensure you are working in a closed sandbox environment where mistakes are encouraged. Be sure to pay close attention to the following process, so that your instance will be configured correctly for this video. Your first step, is you're going to proceed to the following URL, next you'll select JIRA Software, which is the leftmost option. This will direct you to an account signup page. Choose your site name, which will be affixed to the atlassian.net website, as we are creating a cloud site.
(typing) Fill in your name, email and password information. (typing) If you sign in with any email address previously used, you may not be eligible for the free demo. To ensure your demo is provided for free, register with a newly created email address, disposable after this demo. Now after you click start now, you will be presented with a confirmation screen asking you to check your email. This might take a few minutes. If it's still not delivered, be sure to check your junk mail.
After clicking the verification link in your email, you will be brought to a spinning up message and screen. Select your native language. I'm going to choose United States English. You don't need to choose an avatar, so skip this step by clicking next. Next, we're going to select create a sample project under the text, see a project in action. On the create a project with sample data popup, we are going to choose Kanban software development. This is the option on the right under software.
Then we click next. Now we are going to use the text demo for both the name and the key of the project. We then click submit. You should be presented with the Kanban board, but we actually want to start on the home page, so go ahead and click the JIRA image at the top left of the screen to return to the main system dashboard. You should now be on the system dashboard page, and we are ready to begin.
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow