See an example of an advanced workflow in JIRA.
- [Instructor] Now, we're going to be going over…the real meat of advanced configuration options for JIRA.…You've already created workflows in the past,…and you know how to assign them to projects,…but now we're going to go over…how to configure the advanced options…within the workflows themselves.…By implementing these advanced options within workflows,…you can do things like block transitions…based within a user's group,…check that a field has been filled out…before allowing a transition to take place,…and automatically assigning it to a specific user…when a ticket reaches a certain point in its lifecycle.…
These are controlled with conditions,…validators, and post functions.…Let's take a look at this image.…The line in between status one and status two…represents the transition between the two statuses.…As you can see, the first thing…that is performed is the condition.…This is a check that verifies…that a predefined condition has been met.…If it hasn't, the transition button will simply not appear.…The next thing that occurs…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.