Learn how to edit or configure an existing custom field, and define the difference.
- [Instructor] Now that you know how to add custom…field to the system, lets take another look at that…custom field list.…I'm going to select the Administration Cog,…and then select Issues.…On the left hand side under Fields,…we'll select Custom Fields.…Now lets scroll down.…As you can see under the "T" section,…here is my Toppings custom field.…Now if I select the Administration Cog next to the field…itself, I'll have a few different options.…From the bottom up, Delete will delete the custom field…form my system.…Be very careful using this, as it will remove it…anywhere in your instance where it's currently in use.…
If this field is required for progression it could…break workflows in projects if you delete it.…The next section, Screens, will show you screens where…the current field is associated.…Don't worry about that for now.…The next section Translate will…show you localization options…for the field, which we won't be going over in this video.…Select the Edit option.…This will bring up a screen that allows you to…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.