Learn how to configure an existing JIRA notification scheme.
- [Instructor] Now that you have an understanding…of how to create a custom event and configure it,…let's talk about of it's put to good use.…You should have already adjusted who will be notified…when the event is fired within…the notification scheme itself.…If you have multiple notification schemes…that exist in the instance before…the custom event's been created,…it will need to be modified in each notification scheme.…While the event is added automatically to every scheme…as you saw in our last section,…you still need to take the additional steps…of choosing the people or groups…who will be notified on a scheme by scheme basis.…
While I've already shown you how this is done,…remember that the implementation…is unique for every notification scheme.…So next what we will do,…is add the event to a post function.…First, let's go ahead and go back and open up our workflow.…So I'll hit the administration cog,…and then I'll select issues.…Under workflows I'm going to select workflows…and I'm going to select the advanced workflow.…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.