Learn how to configure incoming email ticket requests.
- [Instructor] In addition to the Customer Portal,…JIRA Service Desk provides you with another easy…and streamlined way to create tickets.…This is the Email Request feature.…Emails being sent to the configured email address…are automatically turned into tickets…that can be acted upon.…One note, if your project settings prevent public sign-up…or accessibility of your instance, only emails received…from those addresses that are registered as customers…within your project will actually pass through.…Let's begin.…On the left-hand side of the Project Admin page,…I'm going to select Email Requests.…
By default, my cloud instance creates an incoming…email address for me,…so I can select Edit to either change that email address,…or change what request type is going to be linked to it.…Only one request type can be linked to an email address…at a time within a Service Desk project.…Later, I'll show you how to use automations to assist…in supporting multiple request types via email.…The other option is adding a custom email address.…
- What is JIRA Service Desk?
- Creating requests and groups in the customer portal
- Creating new queues
- Linking to the knowledge base
- Configuring incoming email requests
- Adding automation with workflows
- Creating an SLA
Skill Level Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Jira Software 7.0-7.4with Robert Anthony1h 7m Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Overview of JIRA Service Desk
2. The Customer Portal and Notifications
3. Service Desk Administration
4. Service Desk Workflows
5. SLAs and Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.