Get an overview of the three main screens in JIRA.
- [Male Narrator] So now you know how to…apply custom fields to your create, edit, and view screens…for specific issue types.…Take our food custom field as an example…for our next exercise.…You may have noticed that the field wasn't required…and could be left blank while creating an issue.…There are situations where you may want to force…the capture of the data within this custom field.…There's a few different ways to do this.…The first is within advanced workflows.…You can easily set a validator…to confirm that the field has a value.…However, setting a validator will not…give that field a red asterix to display…that it's required to the user.…
If you'd like to force a field to be filled out…on creation of a ticket, you actually do this…within the field configuration of a project.…So let's go back to our project administration page.…We're going to select the pizza project.…And we're going to the pizza project,…and under scheme we're going to select the pizza FCS…that I created.…Under actions, I'm going to select Edit Fields.…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.