Learn to create a custom automation rule.
- [Instructor] Next, we'll create…a new automation rule from scratch.…I'm on my automation section…in my project administration page.…I select add rule, and then I scroll all the way…to the bottom and select custom rule.…First, I'm going to select my when.…By clicking the box, I have an option to add a trigger.…I'll click the plus sign.…Then select the dropdown.…I want to make sure that I'm kept in the loop…every time a new customer has been added to this ticket.…
What I'm going to do is select the participant…added-to issue for my when trigger.…After highlighting it, I click add and now I can see…that I can add an additional trigger on top of this…if I wanted to.…What it does is group those triggers together,…so that both requirements must be met…for the automation to take place.…We'll keep this one simple.…For our if, we only want to be notified…when external customers are added.…We'll add the condition...…
usertype...…and then we'll confirm it as a customer.…We'll close that out.…Then we will add the action alert for the then.…
- What is JIRA Service Desk?
- Creating requests and groups in the customer portal
- Creating new queues
- Linking to the knowledge base
- Configuring incoming email requests
- Adding automation with workflows
- Creating an SLA
Skill Level Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Overview of JIRA Service Desk
2. The Customer Portal and Notifications
3. Service Desk Administration
4. Service Desk Workflows
5. SLAs and Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.