Learn about the different types of custom fields available to admins.
- [Instructor] One of the greatest things about JIRA…is its ability to create custom fields.…Not only can these fields be used…on your create, edit, and view screens,…but you can also implement them to display in popups…during your workflow transitions.…JIRA ships with a variety of fields…that can be helpful for your initial configuration,…those are those system fields…that I showed you in the last section.…However, more often that not, you will find situations…that will require a creation of one or more custom fields…to capture the appropriate data for your process.…When we create custom fields,…we are merely adding them to the instance.…
After I show you how to create those,…you will not see them in action.…In the next section,…I'll show you how to add them to screens, but for now,…let's just worry about adding them to the system.…We're going to start at the Administration cog,…and then we'll select Issues.…On the left hand side, under Fields,…we'll select Custom fields.…On the right hand side,…we'll see the Add custom fields button, click it.…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Jira Software 7.0-7.4with Robert Anthony1h 7m Beginner
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.