Learn how to create a new JIRA notification scheme.
- [Instructor] Now that we have gone over…the basic notifications,…let's move on to adding a new custom event…into your notification scheme.…By default JIRA will send out notifications…based on the type of action that has just taken place.…Like Issue Created, Updated, etc.…But what if you want the work flow to send out…something a little more custom…based on a transition.…Let's begin by clicking the administration cog,…and then selecting System.…We'll go ahead and scroll all the way down…to Events under Advanced.…Here is the full list of events that currently…exist in the system.…
You'll notice that these are all based…on the notifications that you see…in the notifications schemes that you assign…to you project.…So to add a new event,…we scroll all the way to the bottom…to the Add Events section.…I'll go ahead and name my event Demo Event.…I'll skip the description and then I'll select a template.…The template merely drives what the email…itself will look like.…The full email isn't customizable out of the box,…I believe there's some things…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.