Join Robert Anthony for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating field configuration schemes, part of JIRA Software: Advanced Administration.
- [Instructor] The last thing we're going to go over…is field configurations.…Remember that you still don't know how to actually place…these fields into your specific project.…But before we get there you need to know…one more important piece,…the field configuration.…When you first spin up your instance…all your projects will use…the same Default Field Configuration,…but what is a field configuration?…The field configuration drives what fields are hidden,…displayed, and required in your JIRA instance.…Because everything shares one field configuration by default…there is no difference in how…each project treats each field.…
If your specific project needs to use fields differently…than other projects you'll need to create…a field configuration scheme…and one field configuration within it.…Let's go over how to do that now.…First, hit the Administration cog…and then select Issues,…under Fields select the bottom option,…Field configuration schemes.…Remember, by default all your projects…only use on field configuration,…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Jira Software 7.0-7.4with Robert Anthony1h 7m Beginner
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.