Join Robert Anthony for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring the select list cascading field, part of JIRA Software: Advanced Administration.
- [Instructor] Now that you know how to…add a custom field to your instance,…it's important to know that not all custom fields…are configured exactly the same.…Most will follow the flow that I just showed you.…However, some, like the select list cascading field,…have some additional instructions for proper configuration.…Let's go over that now.…We'll start by selecting the administration cog,…and then clicking issues.…Under fields, select custom fields.…Next, select add custom field.…
On the pop up, highlight the select list cascading field,…then select next.…There are no value options available.…Notice, all that we have is the name and description boxes,…so for this field, we'll simply add the name.…I will call mine Food.…Then, I'll select create.…It's going to prompt me to perform a re-index,…which I'll do real quick.…Select background re-index.…After it's complete, I select acknowledge.…
I then select the administration cog again,…and select issues.…Under fields, I select custom fields again,…and then scroll down to Food.…
- Configuring and editing a custom field
- Creating and editing field configuration schemes
- Copying a screen
- Creating a new screen scheme
- Adding fields
- Creating advanced workflows
- Issue security
- JIRA notifications
- Creating a new event
- Firing a custom event in a workflow
Skill Level Advanced
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
JIRA Software: Basic Administrationwith Robert Anthony2h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview of Advanced Administration in JIRA
4. Advanced Workflow Creation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.