Learn how to recognize and configure automation within your workflows.
- [Instructor] As I mentioned in the previous chapter,…transitions are run by automations within JIRA…service desk.…Automations are set by different rules…that you configure in the automations page…within the project administration settings.…Let's begin.…On your project admin page on the left hand side,…click "Automation".…By default you should already have a few created.…The transition on comment automation…will automatically transition an issue…back to waiting for customer status…when a support agent comments on it publicly.…
It will also automatically transition to…the, waiting for support, status…when a customer comments on it.…The update when a linked issue changes automation…will automatically add a comment to any issue…it's linked with.…Let's go ahead and click the add rule button.…Here we have a few different rules already written for us.…Transition on comment works the same…as the one that's already created.…You can select this to create a new, similar rule…by slightly tweaking the options.…Reopen on customer comment allows a ticket…
- What is JIRA Service Desk?
- Creating requests and groups in the customer portal
- Creating new queues
- Linking to the knowledge base
- Configuring incoming email requests
- Adding automation with workflows
- Creating an SLA
Skill Level Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure Automationwith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Overview of JIRA Service Desk
2. The Customer Portal and Notifications
3. Service Desk Administration
4. Service Desk Workflows
5. SLAs and Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.