Learn about what agents are, and how they are different from standard JIRA users.
- [Instructor] If you've used JIRA in the past,…you know that there are typically system admins,…project admins, and users.…With the addition of JIRA service desk another rank…gets added, the agent.…By default when a service desk project is spun up…it uses a different permission scheme…than a standard project, blocking access to anyone who…isn't an administrator or member of the service desk team.…Let's take a look at our permissions scheme.…As you can see most of the main interactions…are preformed by admins or service desk team members.…
You can give some basic permissions to your standard users.…Let me click on users and roles…for a second in this project.…As you can see I have my user, Lisa,…added in as a developer on this project.…So if I go back to permissions I can add the developer role…into the browse projects permission.…
Great.…Now I'm going to use user management to quickly log in as Lisa,…and now let's take a look at some of the existing tickets…within the NexTek project.…As you can see I can view the ticket but I have very…
- What is JIRA Service Desk?
- Creating requests and groups in the customer portal
- Creating new queues
- Linking to the knowledge base
- Configuring incoming email requests
- Adding automation with workflows
- Creating an SLA
Skill Level Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Jira Software 7.0-7.4with Robert Anthony1h 7m Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Overview of JIRA Service Desk
2. The Customer Portal and Notifications
3. Service Desk Administration
4. Service Desk Workflows
5. SLAs and Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.