You have videos available for your users to watch. You can use modals and fabs to let them do useful things with the videos. In this video, learn how to create a modal window.
- [Narrator] In this step, we're going to go ahead … and learn how to use one of my favorite components. … The name of that component is the modal component. … Let's have a look at what the modal component looks like … and how it behaves. … So I'm going to head out to the Ionic documentation page, … and then, I'm going to zoom this out a little bit, … to show in the fullscreen. … And I'm going to click Show Modal, … and now we can see that a screen suddenly comes up … on our page and takes over the whole screen. … We can have a look at the same thing … on material design on Android. … We do Show Modal, and we can see another screen taking … the place of our screen. … Now, this is how a modal behaves. … A modal is very great component, … and is normally needed or very useful … when you need to convey some type of contextual information … without making the user move from their current context. … The modal window itself normally doesn't navigate … with a URL bar, so when you show information with a modal, …
- Ionic 4.0 features
- Testing with Ionic Lab
- Designing a home page
- Generating services
- Consuming REST APIs
- Creating a data model
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Using Ionic Native
- Designing the profile page
- Sharing to social media
- Setting up Firebase
Skill Level Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Working with a Tab-Based Template
3. Preview App on Device with Ionic DevApp
Introduction to Ionic DevApp3m 57s
4. Working with UI Components
5. Working with Ionic Native
6. Connecting an App to Firebase Backend
7. Working with Complex Lists
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.