Join Sani Yusuf for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Ionic native, part of Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developers.
- [Instructor] Ionic leverages on Cordova to get access…to the device features of a mobile phone.…This access is provided by Cordova plugins…that you can import into your application.…Ionic Native is a great library…that allows you to use Cordova plugins…inside your Ionic app in a much more friendly manner.…Ionic Native wraps all the plugin code…and makes them available for you to use as services…that you can import into your application.…This makes working with plugins…much more testable with Ionic…and generally makes the entire code…look cleaner and more maintainable.…
Ionic Native has support for more than 130 Cordova plugins.…However, it is worth noting that…not every single Cordova plugin…out there is supported by Ionic Native.…With that said, the more popular Cordova plugins…are actually supported by Ionic Native.…Some of these include the Camera plugin, for example.…You can see the Contacts plugin…and also something like the Gyroscope plugin.…Remember, you are still able to use any Cordova plugin…that is not supported by Ionic Native…
- Setting up the Ionic CLI
- Understanding the Ionic CLI
- Testing with the Ionic View app
- Working with the Ionic tab template
- Theming and configuring an Ionic app
- Working with the Ionic side menu template
- Working with Ionic Native
Skill Level Intermediate
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
1. Overview and Setting Up Ionic
2. Working with the Ionic Blank Template
3. Testing with the Ionic View App
4. Working with the Ionic Tab Template
5. Theming and Configuring an Ionic App
6. Working with the Ionic Side Menu Template
7. Introduction to Ionic Native
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.