Join Sani Yusuf for an in-depth discussion in this video Using toast component to show feedback, part of Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developers.
- [Instructor] Feedback in mobile applications is one area…that can help provide a better user experience…to the users of an application.…So far, in your application, there is very little…feedback to your users.…For example, when a Todo is added, there is nothing…in place to indicate to the users of your app that…that Todo was successfully added.…What would be nice to have is a behavior whereby any time…a user adds a Todo, they get a toast notification…that will show up to tell them that the Todo…was successfully added to the app,…and disappear after two seconds.…
Well, Ionic enables you to create toast messages…via a service called the ToastController.…Let's go back to the code, and actually see how we can…implement this toast inside your application.…The first thing we want to do is import the ToastController.…And this ToastController actually comes from…the Ionic Angular package.…The next thing we want to do is inject it into our…constructor to take advantage of dependency injection.…Now, let's take some time and explain how we intend to use…
- Setting up the Ionic CLI
- Understanding the Ionic CLI
- Testing with the Ionic View app
- Working with the Ionic tab template
- Theming and configuring an Ionic app
- Working with the Ionic side menu template
- Working with Ionic Native
Skill Level Advanced
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Angular 2 Essential Trainingwith Justin Schwartzenberger2h 48m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setting Up Ionic
2. Working with the Ionic Blank Template
3. Testing with the Ionic View App
4. Working with the Ionic Tab Template
5. Theming and Configuring an Ionic App
6. Working with the Ionic Side Menu Template
7. Introduction to Ionic Native
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.