Join Sani Yusuf for an in-depth discussion in this video Things you will need, part of Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developers.
- [Instructor] To fully get the best out of this course, it is essential that you are equipped with the right tools in your bid to learn how to use Ionic to create mobile applications. The first thing you will need is a computer running either Windows, OS X, or the Linux operating system. The next thing you want to make sure you have installed on your computer is Node.js. You will need to have access to the Node Package Manager, or NPM as it is commonly referred to, via the command line as this is how you're going to install Ionic and Cordova on your machine.
If you do not have Node.js installed on your computer, you can visit the Node.js website to install the latest stable version of Node that is appropriate for your computer's operating system. We will be using Google Chrome as our chosen browser for development in this course. Although you can use any browser to develop with Ionic, Google Chrome does have some great features like a browser based emulator that makes developing apps with Ionic much easier. I would recommend that you go ahead and install Google Chrome if you don't have Chrome installed on your machine.
You will also need to create an Ionic Cloud account if you don't already have one. The reason for this is that later in this course we will be using the Ionic View application to run our apps on a physical mobile device. It is free to create an Ionic Cloud account and you can head to the Ionic Cloud website to create your free Ionic Cloud account. To test the apps you develop in this course, you will want to make sure that you have access to an iOS or Android device. I recommend that your iOS device has at least iOS 7 or above as its operating system version and also that your Android device has Android 4.4 KitKat or above as the operating system version installed on it.
The reason you need a mobile device is to be able to test the Ionic apps that you build in this course on the physical device via the Ionic View app. Lastly, you also need the Ionic View app installed on your device. You can search for the keyword Ionic View app on your Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download it for free. Alternatively, you can also go to the Ionic View app website and get a link for the Ionic View app from there for both Android and iOS.
The Ionic View app is not available on Windows platform so you will need an iOS or Android device to use the Ionic View app.
- Setting up the Ionic CLI
- Understanding the Ionic CLI
- Testing with the Ionic View app
- Working with the Ionic tab template
- Theming and configuring an Ionic app
- Working with the Ionic side menu template
- Working with Ionic Native