Now that you've set up Firebase and configured your PWA, it's time to test it on a physical device. In this video, learn how to send a PWA to an Android device for testing.
- Over here, you can see the home screen of my … Samsung Galaxy s10 to five, running Android. … Now, we're going to go ahead and test our PWA application, … and to do this, I'm going to open up a browser, … and inside a browser I'm going to … try to go to tourista-49674.firebaseapp.com. … And this is the URL of the firebase hosting my application … as seen from the command line when we deployed firebase. … This is most likely going to be different on your machine, … so just enter the appropriate one for your machine. … I'm just going to click 'go' here. … And here we're going to see our … ionic application running as usual. … However, right on the bottom of the page, … we should see a pop-up saying 'add app to home screen'. … Now, this is the PWA part working. … This is thanks to manifester JSON file. … The browser has recognized that … this is progressive web application, … and it is providing us with a way … to add this app to the home screen. … So I'm just going to click 'Add app to home screen'. …
- Setting up a development environment
- Scaffolding an Ionic app
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Working with Cordova
- Configuring for Android and iOS
- Running a mobile app on an emulator
- Using Ionic Appflow
- Updating Ionic apps with Deploy
- Converting Ionic apps to PWAs
- Testing on a mobile device
- Setting up Firebase Hosting
- Using Capacitor on the web
- Using Electron for desktop deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Appswith Ray Villalobos1h 54m Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 22s
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Building the Tourista Application
3. Testing on Mobile with Cordova
4. Ionic Appflow
5. Ionic PWA
6. Working with Capacitor
7. Deploying to the Desktop with Electron
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.