Now that you understand what it does, it's time to see it in action. In this video, learn how to use Electron to build and deploy an application to a desktop system.
- [Narrator] In this video, we're going to learn … how to create a desktop application with Electron, … and also use Capacitor to implement some features … in this desktop application. … In order to use Capacitor to create an Electron application, … the first thing we're going to do is, npx cap add electron, … and we hit Enter. … Just like our Android Capacitor project, … Capacitor will go ahead and add an Electron project for us. … Now, if we head back to Visual Studio Code, … we should be able to see this project here. … So, now, we can see Android, and we can also see … another folder for Electron, … with all the necessary Electron files. … Now, let's go back to the terminal, … and we're going to make sure we do a build … for this particular project. … So, we're just going to do ionic build. … We'll do a build. … Now, before we go ahead and run our Electron application, … there is one small fix we need to do. … Now, at the time of recording this course, … there is a small issue with how Electron works …
- Setting up a development environment
- Scaffolding an Ionic app
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Working with Cordova
- Configuring for Android and iOS
- Running a mobile app on an emulator
- Using Ionic Appflow
- Updating Ionic apps with Deploy
- Converting Ionic apps to PWAs
- Testing on a mobile device
- Setting up Firebase Hosting
- Using Capacitor on the web
- Using Electron for desktop deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Appswith Ray Villalobos1h 54m Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 22s
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Building the Tourista Application
3. Testing on Mobile with Cordova
4. Ionic Appflow
5. Ionic PWA
6. Working with Capacitor
7. Deploying to the Desktop with Electron
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.