Join Sani Yusuf for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the Ionic CLI, part of Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developers.
- [Instructor] To use Ionic,…you're going to need to set it up on your computer.…Before you actually set up Ionic,…you're going to make sure, first,…that you have no JS installed on your computer.…To check this, you can simply just do node -v.…And you should see a version number.…Now as long as you have no JS six of above…installed on your computer, you should be fine.…So the version number you should see on your computer…is very likely to be different…from what you see on my computer.…Now if you do not have node JS installed on your computer,…you can simply head to node JS website…and download and install the correct version of node…for your machine.…
The version of node that you want to make sure you obtain…is node six, or upwards, to make sure that you are able…to install Ionic properly on your machine.…Let's go back and actually fully install the Ionic CLI.…Now the commands to actually correctly install Ionic…on your computer is, npm space…install space…ionic space…cordova space -g…and then you hit enter.…Now chances are that this will work 100 percent…
- Setting up the Ionic CLI
- Understanding the Ionic CLI
- Testing with the Ionic View app
- Working with the Ionic tab template
- Theming and configuring an Ionic app
- Working with the Ionic side menu template
- Working with Ionic Native
Skill Level Intermediate
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
1. Overview and Setting Up Ionic
2. Working with the Ionic Blank Template
3. Testing with the Ionic View App
4. Working with the Ionic Tab Template
5. Theming and Configuring an Ionic App
6. Working with the Ionic Side Menu Template
7. Introduction to Ionic Native
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.