Ionic is a powerful framework that allows cross-platform development to be quick and easy. In this video, learn about the basics of how Ionic treats different platforms and how to scaffold an app.
- [Instructor] In this video, we are going … to be creating our very first Ionic application … for this course. … Now, the name of this Ionic application … is going to be tourista. … Now, the name tourista is the name … that I came up with while I was traveling … a few years ago in Barcelona. … I had a hostel owner that didn't really speak … as much English as I did, … so every time I came to the door he was very nice to me … and he always called me tourista. … And that name stuck with me, … so I decided to use it for this course. … Now, the tourista application is an application … that is going to show you a bunch of sites … all around the world. … So it has pictures of different cities. … These pictures are pictures I personally took … from all my travels. … So I've been lucky enough to travel … around the world and, at the time of recording, … I had gone to 28 countries … and five continents. … Every time I go to a new city I try to take a picture, … of a specific site or something that I like, …
- Setting up a development environment
- Scaffolding an Ionic app
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Working with Cordova
- Configuring for Android and iOS
- Running a mobile app on an emulator
- Using Ionic Appflow
- Updating Ionic apps with Deploy
- Converting Ionic apps to PWAs
- Testing on a mobile device
- Setting up Firebase Hosting
- Using Capacitor on the web
- Using Electron for desktop deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Appswith Ray Villalobos1h 54m Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 22s
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Building the Tourista Application
3. Testing on Mobile with Cordova
4. Ionic Appflow
5. Ionic PWA
6. Working with Capacitor
7. Deploying to the Desktop with Electron
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.