Now that you've configured your environment, it's time to test. In this video, learn how to leverage Cordova to deploy an application to an Android emulator for testing.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'm going to be showing you … how to deploy your mobile applications … built with Ionic on an Android emulator. … To begin, we're going to open up Android Studio. … And when Android Studio opens up, … you should be greeted with a screen … that's very similar to what I have on here. … I want you to go to the Configure menu … and click the AVD Manager. … The AVD Manager is a feature of Android Studio … that allows you to provision and create virtual devices. … These virtual devices are basically an emulation … of a real physical device running Android. … We can go ahead and click Create Virtual Device … and over here, we can select Phone, … and then we can try to select a specific type of device … that we want. … So by default, Android does give you a few options. … It is very likely that these options that you have … on your screen might be slightly different than mine … because you might have a newer version of Android Studio, … but that's okay. … You can just pick a device that you like. …
- Setting up a development environment
- Scaffolding an Ionic app
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Working with Cordova
- Configuring for Android and iOS
- Running a mobile app on an emulator
- Using Ionic Appflow
- Updating Ionic apps with Deploy
- Converting Ionic apps to PWAs
- Testing on a mobile device
- Setting up Firebase Hosting
- Using Capacitor on the web
- Using Electron for desktop deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Appswith Ray Villalobos1h 54m Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 22s
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Building the Tourista Application
3. Testing on Mobile with Cordova
4. Ionic Appflow
5. Ionic PWA
6. Working with Capacitor
7. Deploying to the Desktop with Electron
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.