Your application works just fine with your emulator, but what about on a physical device? In this video, learn how to leverage Cordova to send your application to a physical Android device for testing.
- [Instructor] In this video I will be showing you … how to run your application and deploy it … on a physical Android device. … Before we begin this, … I will recommend that you close your emulator, … or virtual device that's running on your computer. … This is very important, so that there are no conflicts … between which device the app is going to run on. … And the next thing I'm going to do, … is I am going to show my Android device screen, … so the next screen you will see, … is the screen of my Android device. … So now you can see the screen … of my physical Android device. … My device is a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, … running Android Pie or Android 9.0. … Now the first thing you do when you connect your device, … to a computer that you haven't worked with before. … Now this security permission is one you'll want to grant, … if you want your applications … to work with your physical device. … The next thing I'm going to go ahead and do, … is to show you how to enable developer mode …
- Setting up a development environment
- Scaffolding an Ionic app
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Working with Cordova
- Configuring for Android and iOS
- Running a mobile app on an emulator
- Using Ionic Appflow
- Updating Ionic apps with Deploy
- Converting Ionic apps to PWAs
- Testing on a mobile device
- Setting up Firebase Hosting
- Using Capacitor on the web
- Using Electron for desktop deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Appswith Ray Villalobos1h 54m Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 22s
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Building the Tourista Application
3. Testing on Mobile with Cordova
4. Ionic Appflow
5. Ionic PWA
6. Working with Capacitor
7. Deploying to the Desktop with Electron
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.