In this video, learn how to use the camera to take a picture and use Firestore to save the image for your profile picture.
- Right now, with our own application, we've gone ahead … and integrated authentication, so right now I'm already … logged in into my application and if you are not logged … in you can go and log in so that you can see the home … page just like me. … However, despite the fact that we have allowed our users to … authenticate we haven't really provided them with a way … that they can process their data. … For example if you go the profile page, … we initially created a way for users to take a picture. … But the problem is, as soon as they test that application … and they close the app and come back to it to test again, … all that data's gone. … Why don't we go ahead and use Firebase to process … this data. … So the plan is that when a user comes here and takes … a photo, you want them to be able to save that image … to their Firebase account and then when they come back … and log in again as the same user, … they can see the exact image that they left. … This is similar to how Facebook and Twitter operates …
- Ionic 4.0 features
- Testing with Ionic Lab
- Designing a home page
- Generating services
- Consuming REST APIs
- Creating a data model
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Using Ionic Native
- Designing the profile page
- Sharing to social media
- Setting up Firebase
Skill Level Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Working with a Tab-Based Template
3. Preview App on Device with Ionic DevApp
Introduction to Ionic DevApp3m 57s
4. Working with UI Components
5. Working with Ionic Native
6. Connecting an App to Firebase Backend
7. Working with Complex Lists
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.