Capacitor allows for the building of native progressive web apps that can leverage native functionality. In this video, explore what the basic functionality of Capacitor is.
- We configured Cordova, … and we learned how to use Cordova … and install Cordova plugins with our Ionic application. … Cordova is a great technology … that allows us to access the native APIs … of mobile application. … Very recently, a lot of developers started use the Ionic … beyond just the mobile environment, … and started building web, … and even desktop applications with Ionic. … This meant that a lot of the native API capabilities … that Cordova provided … was no longer workable on the web … and on the desktop environment. … The Ionic team saw this problem … and went ahead and created something called Capacitor … to solve this problem. … Now, Capacitor is basically a new API bridge … for cross-platform web applications. … Capacitor allows us to create web applications with Ionic, … or any other web technologies out there, … and use that code to serve across Android, iOS, … and even Electron. … Capacitor itself focuses … on the implementation of specific features, … while encapsulating the nitty-gritty parts …
- Setting up a development environment
- Scaffolding an Ionic app
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Working with Cordova
- Configuring for Android and iOS
- Running a mobile app on an emulator
- Using Ionic Appflow
- Updating Ionic apps with Deploy
- Converting Ionic apps to PWAs
- Testing on a mobile device
- Setting up Firebase Hosting
- Using Capacitor on the web
- Using Electron for desktop deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Appswith Ray Villalobos1h 54m Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 22s
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Building the Tourista Application
3. Testing on Mobile with Cordova
4. Ionic Appflow
5. Ionic PWA
6. Working with Capacitor
7. Deploying to the Desktop with Electron
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.