The Ionic DevApp is a convenient way to test your app on a physical device without the need for installing native SDKs. In this video, get an overview of the Ionic DevApp and how it works.
- [Instructor] The process of testing mobile applications … on a physical device … can sometimes be very challenging. … Now we have tools like emulators … that allow you to emulate and simulate mobile devices … but however, it is always paramount … that you have your application run on a real device … to have a real feel for what the users are going … to be experiencing. … Now this process is not always straightforward … as you need to go through builds … and go through provisioning profiles … for the iOS platform and other things like that. … Now the Ionic team knew about this problem … and because of this, … they created what we call the Ionic DevApp. … The Ionic DevApp is a mobile application … that enables you to test your mobile applications … built with Ionic on a physical device very easily. … Let's go ahead and see what the Ionic DevApp is all about. … One good thing about the Ionic DevApp … is that you do not need any builds. … So, you just simply push your application … and serve it on your browser …
- Setting up a development environment
- Scaffolding an Ionic app
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Working with Cordova
- Configuring for Android and iOS
- Running a mobile app on an emulator
- Using Ionic Appflow
- Updating Ionic apps with Deploy
- Converting Ionic apps to PWAs
- Testing on a mobile device
- Setting up Firebase Hosting
- Using Capacitor on the web
- Using Electron for desktop deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Appswith Ray Villalobos1h 54m Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 22s
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Building the Tourista Application
3. Testing on Mobile with Cordova
4. Ionic Appflow
5. Ionic PWA
6. Working with Capacitor
7. Deploying to the Desktop with Electron
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.