Two of the core frameworks used in this course are Ionic and Cordova. In this video, learn how to install and configure the Ionic and Cordova CLIs.
- [Instructor] In this set we're going to be installing … Ionic and Cordova on our computers. … To begin this, we're going to go ahead … and open up a terminal window. … And then I'm going to run the following commands … so I'm going to have npm install cordova ionic … and I'm going to put dash g. … Now this command is asking npm or node package manager … to install the Cordova CLI and the Ionic CLIs … globally on my machine. … The last slide dash g is very important as it tells node … to ensure that these packages are available globally … for use. … So let's hit enter. … Over here you can see that I'm posed with a specific error. … Now for most of you you should be able to run this command … without any errors but as you can see here … I have a permission error. … This is very common for Mac and Linux users. … To get rid of this problem … which is going to run the same command … but we're going to put a prefix called sudo. … Now the sudo prefix allows you to run a command … as the administrator of your computer. …
- Setting up a development environment
- Scaffolding an Ionic app
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Working with Cordova
- Configuring for Android and iOS
- Running a mobile app on an emulator
- Using Ionic Appflow
- Updating Ionic apps with Deploy
- Converting Ionic apps to PWAs
- Testing on a mobile device
- Setting up Firebase Hosting
- Using Capacitor on the web
- Using Electron for desktop deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Appswith Ray Villalobos1h 54m Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 22s
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Building the Tourista Application
3. Testing on Mobile with Cordova
4. Ionic Appflow
5. Ionic PWA
6. Working with Capacitor
7. Deploying to the Desktop with Electron
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.